SHOW NOTES: Travel Bucket Lists – The Benefits and Drawbacks
- Episode: Travel Bucket Lists – The Benefits and Drawbacks
- Date released: 11/7/2021
- Overview: Join Laura on this solo episode where she discusses the benefits and drawbacks of travel bucket lists. Do they set expectations too high? Do they create bucket list burnout? Are they a tangible way to see yourself achieving goals? All of these questions and more will be answered. Be sure to tune in!
Thank you for listening to this episode of Laura’s Rambles. If you were unfamiliar with some of the references on the show, below will provide your curious minds with more information. If you still haven’t listened, check out the episode below or on Spotify.
For the curious:
- My Instagram was mentioned, but I didn’t explicitly state what my handle is! You can follow more of my adventures at @lauras_rambles
- Our carved pumpkins pictured below. The left pumpkin is mine and it’s Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The other pumpkin is Joe’s original character.
- My cats that were mentioned are Shadowfax as a dinosaur (Tuxedo) and Eowyn as a pirate (brown Maine Coon).
- Seven Wonders of the New World
- Taj Mahal, India
- Colosseum, Italy
- Chichen Itza, Mexico
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Christ The Redeemer, Brazil
- Petra, Jordan
- Great Wall Of China, China
- Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Great Pyramid of Giza
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- Statue of Zeus
- Temple of Artemis
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- Colossus of Rhodes
- Pharos (Lighthouse) of Alexandria
- Day of the Dead – When I was much younger I associated Day of the Dead with Halloween since it begins the day after on November 1st. It’s not related to Halloween at all! Originating in Mexico it’s a beautiful tradition to honor and remember those that have passed away. Home altars, ofrendas, are filled with favorite foods and beverages of the deceased. I love the idea of this celebration.
- Monarch Butterfly Migration to Mexico – Monarchs journey 2,500 miles (!!) every year to spend the winters in Mexico.
Let me know in the comments if you keep a travel bucket list and find it helpful or daunting.
You might also like:
- SHOW NOTES: Halloween Rambling
- SANTA BARBARA, CA: Reality vs. Expectations
- HAVANA, CUBA: 30+ Tips I Wish I Knew Before Vacation
- ROUTE 66, USA: Top 5 Surprising Things I Found
Like this post? Pin it so others can, too!