LOS ANGELES, CA: Top 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Vacation
Los Angeles, California really wasn’t what I was expecting. It has great offerings for tourists, but was more spread out and less of an artsy vibe than expected. There’s still more that I would like to see in LA and will one day go back to visit The Getty and hike the trails near the Hollywood sign. Here are some tidbits I wish I knew before vacation, that you can benefit from while planning your trip.
- You only need an hour or so if you plan on checking out Santa Monica Pier and not riding all the amusement park rides.
- Before you go, look up where the stars you want to see on the Hollywood Walk of Fame are.
- There will be a huge crowd of people outside the TCL Chinese Theatre.
- The Huntington has really great gardens and exhibits that will require most the day to see all of it.
- There is a Gutenberg bible at The Huntington!
- In-N-Out Burger has a no frills, straightforward menu.
- Rideshare has issues with dropping you off and picking you up right out front Griffith Observatory, bring cash for the Dash bus.
- Be prepared to wait in line for a long time to view the Zeiss telescope.
- Within the Griffith Observatory there is a little museum with exhibits and a movie.
- There are a bunch of hiking trails near Griffith that will take you by the Hollywood sign and Bronson Canyon / Caves.
Would you add anything to this list? Comment below if you have any suggestions for the list or questions for me.
You might also like:
ROUTE 66, USA: REALITY VS. EXPECTATIONS
SANTA BARBARA, CA: REALITY VS. EXPECTATIONS
HAVANA, CUBA: 30+ TIPS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE VACATION
Like this post? Pin it so others can, too!
Tip #11. There are way more stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame than I imagined. Prepare to walk… and walk…and walk….!!!!
That’s a great tip!! There are soooo many stars! Most of the ones I wanted to see weren’t even close to each other.
Nice post! The next time I’m in LA I want to try and be in the audience of a TV show.
That sounds like fun! I didn’t even think of doing that.
I could spend all day at Griffith Observatory!
I was never much for space things, but Griffith was so cool and actually got me interested in Astronomy.